Monday, January 03, 2005

2005 Prayer

Dear Lord,

I pray that you will give me the strength to lead a healthy life, using my body as it was made--to glorify You. Teach me to make wise choices concerning food and excersise.
~Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. ~1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Show me how to truly love You. Show me how to truly love others. I want to be known as a person who loves--because You love me.
~[Jesus] answered: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” ~Luke 10:27
~We love because he first loved us. ~1 John 4:19


Teach me how to DWELL with You so that I may REST with You.
~He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. ~Psalm 91:1

Help me learn how to delight myself in You. Help me to be satisfied in You. Grant me my hearts desires.
~Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. ~Psalm 37:4

No comments: