Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FALL

Definitely fall here... I went west today, toward the ocean... THICK THICK fog on the way there... it started to burn off mid-morning and the brightest cold blue sky appeared. definitely fall.

Been fighting a cold for a few days... I know I'm on the up end of it, but still am drippy and stuffy and TIRED. I've got to get over this thing SOON - so does my dad, he has it, too. Someone at work told me I gave it to her, but I don't think that's possible unless we got it together last week. I don't think I'm still contagious. I heard on the radio that pomegranate juice is supposed to be a good cold blocker. Maybe I'll try some one of these days.

With everything that's going on, I'm not so energized for too much extra these days. Working has been tiring, and getting sick wasn't too helpful, lol.

Reading through Acts right now. Acts is good... it's pretty amazing. Also reading a book that was really good (and still is), but is getting into some serious cancer issues... hitting a little too close to home right now.

3 comments:

Carmel said...

Hey Em,
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I remember all to well the emotional minefield of a sibling going through the endless treatments and appointments and just the general roller coaster it can all feel like.
You are in my prayers. Know that you are cared for.
*huge hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Emily.
Praying for you.

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Thanks for the encouragement for my race on Sunday, Emily! I will definitely say HI to Bryn for you :) Check back on Tues for an update!