Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I miss blogging...

... but all my time is spent blogging for my sister. She's in the hospital right now... but I think that's a good thing. Read today's blog if you're interested.

So... what's new with Emily? Ummm... a lot.

Jenni came out. That was cool. Seriously. (Sorry, Britt.) We had a TON of fun... even if (especially if?) it was a pretty mellow weekend. Got to see Kristy, so that was extra fun, too. We saw the funniest play ever... The Drowsy Chaperone. I loved it so much that I encouraged a co-worker to bring her daughter to it... and even today we randomly exclaimed, "WHAAAAT??" and then busted up laughing. :) VERY funny. Highly recommend it. :)

Ummm....

I'm reading Romans right now. With small group. But we're almost done with that. Don't know what's next.

Oh, my garage flooded. Twice. That pretty much sucked, but the city and my homeowner's association are making it right now. They're replacing the drywall, installing better locks on doors (not really related to the flooding, but a result of it, so I'm OK with that!), and I may be able to get my carpet replaced. I broke down the first time it happened... I just couldn't handle it. But.... we are like trees in the wind... it made me stronger for the next blow, I guess. I DID get my garage cleaned, though... so that's good. I have shelves up now, and much of my stuff is on them. I've bought storage bins (and plan to be buying more) and am excited to use more and more of them... (two are red and green for Christmas decorations... I have lights and stuff in boxes and I'd like to get everything possible in bins. Water pouring into my garage taught me some things. :-/ lol

OK, I'm going to head to bed now. To read Romans... and then to read the book about the guy who followed the Bible literally for a year... it's really funny. :)

Good night.

5 comments:

Empress KT said...

I miss you, too!

Jenni said...

Jenni vouches for the Drowsy Chaperone. I still don't get how they picked the title, but it's absolutely unforgettable!

We sympathize with you on the flooded garage, Em, but are glad that good things are coming about as a result.

Emily said...

Remember, Jenni? The Chaperone drank the champagne which then made her drowsy so that she could not look after the bride! :)

Jenni said...

No, I know that, but it wasn't central enough to the show that I thought it earned the title.

Oh, and when I read 'Jenni came out', my visit to the PNW was not the first thing that came to mind.

Emily said...

haha - give me a break. my sister has brain cancer, therefore MY brain doesn't work too well. ;)