Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday Morning

Yesterday I took a spiritual gifts inventory. Of course, I knew what it was going to come out with (Teacher, Pastor, Administration; in that order), but I still wanted to take it as a refresher. I LOVED some of the questions on this one, though... Here's what part of the results said (mirroring the questions): "The use of a verse out of context upsets you and you question the knowledge of those who teach you."

HA! YES, if someone uses a verse out of context, first of all I get REALLY grumpy. Then I start to wonder, "Well, if he/she doesn't know how to properly use THAT verse, then the rest of what they're saying must be crap!" It's SO bad... Something I've learned to do is then take the rest of what they're saying and REALLY analyze it - most of the time realizing that the person isn't an idiot, they just had one verse that was tweaked a little. It's just one of those things that's hard for me! :)

I'm trying to figure out my next step in ministry right now. Cancer is OVER, thank God, and it didn't win. I feel like I can finally move forward a bit in where I'm going. Normally I DON'T blog about this kind of stuff, but I may this time. We'll see.

Look at me... perhaps I'm picking up the blogging "pen" again!

No comments: