Tuesday, December 22, 2009

1st Annual Worst Christmas Lights Contest

So the other night I was driving around my neighborhood and found a house that made me want to begin a new tradition... Thurston County's worst Christmas lights. I wish I could give you all the glory of this house... Parts of it move. It plays music. It twinkles and flashes and shimmers. Each individual part would make a nice decoration. Together? Santa, Mrs. Santa, and Elf vomit. (If this is your house, I'm sorry... but really? Wow...)

Here's the first shot (sorry they're not completely straight... to get the right setting on my camera, it had to be completely still. Apparently my car door is not parallel to the ground, lol.):

Take it in. Breathe in the wonderfulness. ;) A wee bit closer and you can really see the blow-ups not onlyin the yard, but also in the driveway, the TWO projections above the garage... the red "snow" on the roof above the fiery star. There are SO MANY Santas. Looking at it now, I wonder if there are 2 pink flamingos in the front - there was so much I just missed it all. Can you hear the music? "Up on the rooftop..."
Lest we forget the little bit of yard on THIS side... there are two carousel-like blow-ups over here. And more shimmering...
And, amid all the Santas and elves and Frostys... You can see Mary and Joseph hanging at the North Pole. NICE. THIS is what Christmas is all about folks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! I always like the, "Let's see-4 Santas, 8 reindeer, 20 snowmen, 3 elves-oh yeah! Let's throw in Baby Jesus too! Santa can bring Him a zhu-zhu pet!" mentality! Cheesiness has no boundaries!

StevenSauke said...

Wow! That's impressive!

Kristy said...

I get your point Emily :P but I have to say ... I would probably do something very similar ... but with just led lights. :) I LOVE decorating! Of course some of those blow ups ... YIKES lol

Empress KT said...

Must have a lot of disposable income to run all of that electricity and buy all that equipment. Wish they'd share some of that cash with me . . . Yes, I have my priorities straight. LOL