Friday, September 24, 2004

All Right, All Right...

So here I go thinking in lists again.

1. I did it

I joined christiancafe.com - at least for the free 10 days. We'll see. Watch me be pro-active.

2. Delight
No one will answer my question. I'll ask it on here--not that many people read, but... oh well. What does it mean to delight in the Lord?!? I have been asking myself that for 2 days now. Maybe one. I don't know. Anyway... It's not what I thought. I know that much. I always think of "delight" as such a happy little word. But... when used in Scripture like that--isn't it so much more?? It's all encompassing. That means everything done is done in the Lord. The laughter and smiles, satisfaction, obedience, weeping, pain...

Keep thinking, Emily. Keep thinking.

3. Tuesdays with Morrie
Wow. Ever seen that movie? "Tuesdays With Morrie"? My eyes hurt because it made me cry so hard. I think it made me cry because... well, Morrie FELT so much. He was so honest. He just let it all hang out and it was good, very good. And I was forced to look at my own life and say, "Where the heck ARE you, girl???" All growing up I stuffed my emotions deep inside myself. Then, when I met Christ, I learned to let them out. Have I relearned how to stuff? Dear God... it's not the same, but... why don't I feel the joy anymore? Where did it go? I feel like I have to force it out, to MAKE it exist. That's why it's so hard for me to understand "delight." I just don't get it anymore.

No comments: