Thursday, September 30, 2004

Well, in answer to Jenni's question... the definition for delight I came up with was NOT the all happy, perfect world, sticky sweet definition of dictionary.com (which I also perused). Delight is all encompassing. It's all of me enveloped in all of Him. It's waking up with Him and His glory on my mind, meditating on His word, feeling ALL my emotions in the context of HIM, not ME.

And now I've turned toward newness. We'll see where that takes us.

OK, I need some support in this... ;) LOL I'm going to try something new. You know how I try to work on my sermons during the week, but it always gets pushed further and further back? Well... here's my new idea. Right now I'm waking up for work around 6:35 am. I'm going to change that to 6 am. Maybe 6:10. And I'm going to use that time, not as personal devotions, but as STUDY. PREPARATION. I'm going to work on my sermons first thing in the morning. That way I will be able to keep the topic in mind all day, through work and life and relationships and phone calls and driving and irritations and joys. *I* can live it out before I tell them to. Sounds like a MUCH better plan, right? Only problem? SLEEP. It always gets in the way! ("Sleep, no I never get enough. Always wakin' up tired. Sleep, no I never get enough. If I don't show up I might get fired..." Yeah. ;) hehe) So there's got to be a solution. I've found that ideally I should get 8.5-9 hours of sleep a night. If I got up at 6 am, I'd have to be asleep by 9 pm. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. 10:30 is looking lucky (note the time now... sigh). So I need God's wisdom and grace and RESTFUL sleep (which I've been lacking for MONTHS now).

Because I'm scared I'm not making an impact. I know each Sunday can't be a "blow me out of the water" Sunday, but..... how am I supposed to measure my "success"? How do I know if it's working?? Any advice from those in the field for a long time? Or a short time? Or sometime in the future? :) Smile...

No comments: