Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My Friday

Hi everyone. :) Look, a real blog entry! Matt should be happy... though I haven't been to the Pirate Ship lately... these days there's only so much time.

I just made a MySpace... sigh. I can't believe I got sucked into it, but "everyone else was doing it." Yeah, so now I can connect with them. it's at http://www.myspace.com/acebo222. It's pretty random... I like blogger better, except that I can easily play music there. Wish we could here. I think I'm going to figure out how people do that on blogger.

I called this post "My Friday" because I've got thursday and friday off of work. Well, i have to go to an Emergency Management meeting for 2 hours and take care of a minor interpreter crisis tomorrow, but that's it. It's really weird being in management. For the past few years i've been pressing people to let me be an adult, a real grown-up. Now I'm there and it just doesn't feel right. It's weird. I feel like I should be delivering pizza or something, not a manager in my office. Management. So it's been a few weeks, I'm still wrapping my brain around the word.

God is working in my life. It's pretty incredible to see how He's pushing me, encourageing me, leading me to become something beyond the complacent me that I have been. I feel like there are words, there are signs, there is something so deep in my soul that I want to express to you all about HIM and about where I'm going but I can't... I don't even know it yet. But it's there... it's growing daily. There's a reassurance, a peace, a joy, a tear-filled laughter, amazement, conviction, sheer terror (I have to be honest, don't I?), and something else beyond description. I guess that's the way to describe the Holy Spirit, eh?

OK, I'm going to go pull out my guitar. I haven't worshiped with that for a LONG time and I want to. We're (whoever we turns out to be... right now I know that it's John and I) getting together for worship tomorrow. I'm VERY excited. Perhaps some mutual encouragement will get us going again. :)

2 comments:

Slicer said...

Yay!!
I love getting to read long posts. It's great to get a sampling of the triumphs and trials of your life, Emily. So, thank you!

Being responsible is hard, isn't it? I know you'll do great and find the transition to full adult credentials a worthwhile pursuit.

Praying for you!

Jenni said...

you delivering pizza? Somehow, it just doesn't seem like you, whereas this does. I know you'll do great.