Thursday, April 06, 2006

Happy earthquake drill day.  For those of you NOT in Washington...  we have a statewide earthquake drill this morning at 9:45.  I believe all the schools do it, I'm pretty sure most government offices are doing it (we are).  We're doing the drill without the alarms, but the buildings around us are going all out-I think I heard they're even setting up a triage area!  We're going to blow whistles (or use flashlights for the deafies in my office, grin), hide under our desks for 20 seconds, blow the whistles again, and then evacuate the building.  Fun times.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

You know..its funny that you'd do that in Washington. I mean, its good, but funny. And the ironic thing? I'm thinking they don't do that around here. I did spend 10 almost 11 months at a crazy place and I'm pretty sure the government runs that. So you'd think....*shrug* strange. WA CA which one should be having the earthquake drills more often?

Anonymous said...

We had earthquake drills in school all the time. It's the law that schools have to have a certain amount of drills every year. But the whole state doesn't run them all at the same time.

Jenni said...

I hate drills. As a kid I loved them. Now I think I'd just about call in sick to avoid one.

Anonymous said...

We get lucky, SPRING BREAK!!!
But we do have to do 2 or 3 throughout the year, plus a fun-filled fire drill once a month (sometimes more with our rambunctous kids)