Thursday, July 20, 2006

Good evening

I've been told (by the one or two people who read this thing) that an update is in order. This may be long, but I'll try to group it in what's been going on.

BABIES
Congratulations go out to Jann and Chris who have just had their first daughter, Anna, on Saturday. Congratulations to Tammi and EJ who just had their first daughter, Tori, in the middle of June. Congratulations to Brittany and Marty who just had their first daughter, Abby, in the beginning of June. Congratulations to Mandy and Kenton who are expecting their first daughter, Jillian, in August. Whew! That's a lot of babies!

BOB
OK, here's the story for those of you who missed it. Saturday, July 8, we were having a family BBQ at my parents house at the ocean. Family meaning aunts, uncles, cousins--almost everyone was there. Bob (my step-dad) wasn't feeling well all day. Finally, we ended up calling the paramedics and he got a 45 minute ambulance ride to the hospital in Aberdeen. His body was retaining water and it was filling his lungs and putting pressure on his heart--he could barely breathe.

That was the 8th. Today is the 20th and he's still there--not even in the hospital here in Olympia. he's an hour away from us, 2-3 hours away from everyone else. He now has an infection in his leg that they're working on healing. the plan is to get him moved either tomorrow or Saturday to the hospital or nursing home (temporarily) in Olympia/Lacey. (Of course, the original plan was for this to happen LAST Sunday...) Once he gets here, he'll start rehab--hopefully coming out of this thing better than he has been in a long time.

Mom's slowly cracking from the pressure, and she has yet to cry. With the financial strain it's putting on them... it's difficult. Please pray that rehab "takes", that Bob learns from this and changes his lifestyle, and that mom finds some relief in her Savior.

SLPI
At work I'm planning for a workshop in 2 weeks. We're hosting a Sign Language Proficiency Interview workshop - and I'm in charge of planning it and get to attend. I'm kind of nervous.

BLOGGING
I haven't been in the mood to do this lately. It's weird. Just don't feel like typing everything out I guess...

REUNION
My 10-year reunion is next month. I have yet to RSVP. Kind of waiting to see who all is coming for sure... The planners probably hate me, but... I don't want to go and be totally alone there. It's at a local bar (they've reserved the top floor), but I don't drink... and I hate drunk people. Not sure what to do about that. We'll see.

OK, that's enough for tonight. good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about your step-dad. Knowing what we went through with my dad earlier this year, I can related somewhat.

Am always praying for you.