Tuesday, July 10, 2007

5 am hilarity

So last night my boys were SO good. I got to sleep around 11 and woke up for no apparent reason at 3:30. only when I started stirring did they. That’s why, at 5 am this morning (I normally get up at 6), the strange noises they were making at my open window were odd. Deciding that I could really use that last hour of sleep, I got up and called, “Kitties! Babies! Kitties come here!”

Nothing.

They always come when I call them. Strange…

I stumbled over to the window and plucked Lockwood off the windowsill. Reaching for Cosmo I stopped – I was eye to eye with a raccoon.

3 comments:

Empress KT said...

We have TWO raccoons that have been coming to the house in the middle of the night. The dog food attracted them, I guess. I've seen them a couple of times--big round butterballs. They used to wake up the dog (he sleeps in the house), but he's gotten over it. I know they still come by, though, because I've seen their footprints!

Jenni said...

Wait...that story looks familiar...those...exact...words. Which came first?!

I got SUCH a bad sunburn today. I look like someone plucked a lobster from the ocean and plopped a yellow wig on it.

Emily said...

giggle - the email came first. ;) hehehehe

missed you today.