Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Beauty for Ashes

Good evening, everyone. I'm listening to the song Beauty for Ashes by Shane and Shane right now... It's sweet balm straight from scripture... "a garment of praise for my heaviness... beauty for ashes... take this heart of stone and make it Yours... I delight myself in the richest of fare, trading all that I have for all that is better..." My heart cannot express itself in purer words. Scripture is there for us to learn, but it's there for us to CRY out to our Savior as well.

I just read Mary Beth Chapman's most recent blog post and someone posted these verses:

"But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress. O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love." ~ Psalm 59:16-17

It's incredible. The love and joy that comes from our Savior is indescribable. All I can do is repeat those words again and again.

I know I have been absent since the end of September. My heart has been hurting--but still held by Jesus. Most of my blogging energy has gone into posting on my sister's blog. I hope to visit you all more frequently in the upcoming months. I may just share little snippets of life, or what God is teaching me... maybe just what I'm reading in Scripture (we're in Genesis in small group right now).

Much love to you all.

No comments: