Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Labor Day is Over

I can't believe it. Labor Day is over. It's September 8th. Tomorrow morning I'll be racing the school bus to get out of my driveway. Leaves have been turning colors for the past month. The weather doesn't know whether it should be pouring down rain or 100 degrees. The air is tingling with the anticipation of CHANGE... And I'm now reflecting over the past year and am completely baffled at what has happened.

11 and a half months ago we got the news that completely changed our lives forever. Learning that Serry had cancer was something I never thought I could have dealt with... And now? Now the wounds are healing... we'll always bear the scars, but we're recovering. I think we're all a little different now. Some of us react a little faster to things... either with emotions or anger or joy... but we're all just a little more thankful to simply be ALIVE.

No comments: