Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Will Rise...

Dear Lord,

Tonight my heart is full of juxtapositions. I have my struggles and difficulties, yet within them all, my heart YEARNS for more of You. I was reading in 2 Chronicles tonight and was simply amazed by You. Solomon built the temple for you, and when it was ready, when the priests and the musicians and everyone where there to start working, You didn't just show up... You completely filled the place.

5:13-14
Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang:
"He is good;
his love endures forever."
Then the temple of the Lord was filled with a cloud, and the priests could not perform their service because of the could, for the glory of the Lord filled the temple of God.

It just feels so joyful, so full of hope and life... In the New Testament You say that *I* am the temple of the Lord. I am asking You right now, begging You... FILL ME. Fill me to capacity, fill me to the point that You have filled me so much that no one can see me because YOU are pouring out. All of those priests weren't just near Your presence. They were in it, You were swirling around them... that's what I'm asking for now, God... and I'm asking for the grace and forgiveness that would allow Your presence to so envelop my life.

I will rise, Lord. I know that You are calling my name, calling in earnest - and I will answer by rising to You, as Isaiah said, "Here am I. Send me." I am wholly Yours. Mold my heart, keep calling. You are my everything.

No comments: