Wednesday, February 08, 2012

I'm going to HAITI!!!


Dear friends and family,

This spring I have the incredible opportunity to join a group of youth and other adult leaders on a short-term mission trip to the country of Haiti.  I am unbelievably excited, and cannot wait to see what God can do through us as we love on the Haitian people.

We will be involved in drama, music, evangelism, rebuilding, and a myriad of opportunities presented to us, especially as Haiti is still recovering from the earthquake that rocked Port-au-Prince two short years ago.

The trip itself costs approximately $1,800, which doesn’t include the immunizations required to travel to this area of the world (adding up to a few hundred dollars more).  I have already paid for my plane ticket, but still have the other half of the money to raise.

If you would like to be an integral part of this opportunity, there are two things you can do.  I would be extremely grateful for any financial assistance you would like to contribute.  If you would like a tax receipt for your donation, please write your check out to Faith Assembly of Lacey, and attach a note including my name and indicating that it is for my Haiti trip. 

The other way you can support me is through prayer.  I covet any and all prayers over this trip—for our safety, for the organization we will be working with (Mission of Hope: Haiti, www.mohhaiti.org), for the Haitians we will encounter, and for God to work well through us.  We can’t do this without your prayers.

Thank you so much for your support.  I hope that you can sense a bit of the excitement I am feeling!  I am nervous, but cannot wait to see what happens on this trip!

God bless you, and thank you for everything!

(PS - Let me know if you'd like to donate - I can get you addresses and info off line! :))

1 comment:

HRH Princess KT said...

So excited for you! Have a great time! Can't wait to hear your stories. Praying for you.