Thursday, April 12, 2012

By His Power

11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 
~2 Thessalonians 1:11-12


This really struck me as I was reading tonight.

First of all...  "that our God may make you worthy of his calling" - meaning that when we are called... we're not yet worthy, not yet ready.  I know this, chances are, YOU know this, too.  But... here it is, in Scripture, in black and white.  He calls us, He gives us a plan and a future, and THEN He works in us to mold us to where He's taking us.  It's beautiful.  It's graceful.  It's oh so forgiving and generous.  *I* certainly wouldn't work this way.  *I* would look for the most qualified person and build from that.  But no, not our Jesus.  Jesus loves us... while we're still sinners.

Second, "by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith."  This reminds me of where it says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."  It all starts in HIM.  It says, "prompted by faith."  I believe in Him, and He prompts me to have these desires for goodness, these good deeds.  He WANTS these things to be brought to fruition in my life!

What a glorious Lord!


No comments: