Saturday, June 13, 2015

#dosummer2015

15 minutes. 900 seconds dedicated to one thing. One goal. One achievement. On purpose.

It's no big deal, really. I mean, we have 1,425 other minutes in the day in which to sleep, eat, watch TV, work, clean, be bored, and so on.

It's JUST 15 minutes.

That's not true, though. If it were just 15 minutes, we'd do it without needing any prompting. Well, maybe you wouldn't need the prompting but I sure do.

That's what #dosummer2015 is all about. It's 15 minutes at a time, doing something.

From June 8, 2015 - September 8, 2015, a whole tribe of people are committing to doing something that they need to work on for 15 minutes at a time, 100 times. That means that in a 3 month period, each person will spend 25 hours improving a skill, honing a discipline, learning something new.

I'm a lazy Type-A personality. I know, the words "lazy" and "Type-A" should not be in the same sentence, but for whatever reason, they do in my life! I'll happily binge-watch my favorite shows on Netflix when there are things to do, if I don't have the motivation or determination to do them. With a little kick, though, I'm off--and there's no stopping me!

The great thing for me is that, usually, I'm in competition with myself! That's why #dosomething2015 is so great for me. I have checklists! I have specific goals! And if I fail, it all comes down on me--so I WILL NOT FAIL!!! (Imagine a big, echoey, movie voice yelling that!)

That means, I'm sharing, for all the world to see, what my three categories are this summer. (That
means I can write about them later!) Drumroll, please...

Coming in category one, I will be spending 25 hours in focus, directed prayer this summer! This is, embarassingly, much harder than it looks. I will update you on how the journey goes.

Coming in category two, I will be spending 25 hours reading this summer! I've always been an avid reader, but over the last few years have gotten out of the practice of reading for both growth and enjoyment.

And finally, in category three, I will be spending 25 hours writing this summer! I have large writing goals for this year and for my life. You can't call yourself a writer and not write!

Be prepared to hear more about this over the next 3 months. I'm so excited! I've already learned a lot and I'm not even a week in! Will you join me? dosummer2015.com - sign up and download the checklist today!!!!

No comments: