Sunday, January 31, 2010

I am SO not ready...

Last night in church Pastor Peter made a comment... I didn't get it verbatim, but here's the gist: "When God calls you to do great things, you will not be ready."

WHAT?

That was my first reaction. Well, I guess my first reaction was more like... "Uh, where's my pen, I think this is going to be important." Then my mind was blown.

You see... I think God is talking to me. Well, I KNOW God is talking to me, but I don't really know the words He's saying. The big picture of what I'm getting is basically this... I AM NOT READY. I AM NOT QUALIFIED. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK I AM DOING. Get the picture?

SO... when Peter mentioned that, and then said, "If you were ready, what would you need God for?" I sat there and went, "Huh. Well, that makes sense, guess."

Of course, he also talked about/we also prayed about some other things - things right on target with where God is pointing. The good thing for me right now is that I know I have two commissions: PRAY and LEARN. I have to pray for and about this issue, and I have to learn about it. For today, that's it. Hold on to your seats, though, everyone... it could all change in a moment.

No comments: