Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Undone....

This week has been a battle for me.

I have been lied to. I have been rejected. I have been devalued and undervalued. I have been stabbed in the back. I have been lost and left, ignored and neglected. Overrun. Nearly overcome.

In desperation, I have cried out to God for relief and release.
And it still keeps coming.

And then He whispers to me....
"In a desert land he found [his people],
in a barren and howling waste.
He shielded him and cared for him;
he guarded him as the apple of his eye..." (Deuteronomy 32:10)

I am the apple of His eye. I am His cherished daughter. Nothing can tear me away from that.

And I remember...

When I am lied to?
Send forth your light and your truth,
let them guide me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you dwell.
Then will I go to the altar of God,
to God, my joy and my delight. (Ps 43:3-4)

When I have been rejected?
I will accept you as fragrant incense when I bring you out from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will show myself holy among you in the sight of the nations. (Ez 20:41)

When I am lost; when I am overcome; when I have nothing else to give?
What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. (Phil 3:8-9)

I am reminded, finally and concretely:
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. (Col 3:12-15)

And then I heal, safe in the arms of my Savior.

No comments: